Reflections

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

I have been thinking about reviving my blog for sometime now. Its just so dead! However, I haven't got anything worth blogging about to motivate me to do so and therefore I didn't get down to doing it.

Anyway, it has actually been more than a year since I have posted anything on this wall. I think with the ease of facebook and twitter, not many people would bother to blog anymore. Least goes to say for those who used their blogs for a one-liner updates to gain attention; now they can do it via those channels, and through the ease of smartphones.

Moving on, since I last blogged, many things have happened. I was reading through my old entries and found that it was kind of a good exercise for me to reflect on a few things. I was looking at my last 2 entries about writing a passage for my friend's book and about simple things that made me smile and I remembered that we also wanted to write a book on how the simplicities of life can put a smile on our faces. I also visited TPY KFC a few times but the auntie is no longer there.

I got into a new job last april but went back to doing the same thing as before - working with youths. Having worked in a nursing home for 9 months prior to that has helped me to be even sure of my calling and passion in working with youths. Thinking about that, I thank God for stirring my heart for this when I was in primary school, and opening doors for me in terms of my work and education. I could really see how He has planned and built me up for all this since young and can truly appreciate that "all my days have been ordained for me".

I have also taken up the youth ministry in church. That is proving to challenging and at the same time a great joy for me. It is teaching me to be humble and that as much knowledge and as much experience I have, I have learnt that God needs to take precedence and He needs to move in His time.

Being around new people and doing new things with people that I've already knew has brought much joy and blessings into my life; some more than others. Whether in ministry or at work, I have come to appreciate the fact that work doesn't have to be difficult if people are not being difficult. And its good to know that there are people out there who choose to be nice and honest at the same time.

Last week an auntie in church asked me how old would I be after this birthday. I had to think for a while and realized that I'm already 33. I think I am getting old. The term "Uncle Kar Leong" is beginning to sink in and used more frequently. This serves as a good reminder to me that I need to slow down as I do not have as much energy as I used to have. I realize that I have been taking on quite a bit of responsibilities and ad hoc "projects". I am beginning to understand that I need to let go of some so that I can take time to go deep, instead of going wide; both spiritually and mentally, so that there can be wisdom in my knowledge.

All in all, God has been good. And a reminder from our youth cell group last week: He is my strength and my song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home